Saturday, May 31, 2014

Grading System

I've been making some changes to the tasting notes, pulling important stats to the top like alcohol content and recommended serving temperature, which I hope will make the blog easier to use.  But one of these additions, the new grading system, might need a few words of explanation.

Everyone will have their own opinions of a beer and enjoy each one in different ways, so it's not meaningful to try to assign a beer an absolute quantitative value.  However I think it will can be interesting to compare how a beer turned out relative to the expectations or goals for that brew.  I'll spend a good deal of time talking about that in the review, but the letter grade will give a quick summary for those of you unwilling to wade through the volumes I compose.  Please don't take this as a measure of how much I think you should like the beer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...